In the time of pregnancy, after your pregnancy symptoms start to show, your body starts demanding nutrition that you would provide energy to the growing foetus and you during this time. So eating healthy food becomes a must during a time like this.
Here are some basic pointers that will help you get a proper diet in your pregnancy.
What Food Are The Must in Pregnancy Diet?
Pregnancy diets should be ideally balanced diets with a lot of proteins, healthy amounts of fats and carbohydrates.
- A healthy meal for pregnant women should be nutrient centric and contain more calories, iron, calcium, and foliate. However, if you start your pregnancy with a healthy weight, you may not need any additional calories. Post the first trimester, 340 extra calories a day in the second trimester, and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester are recommended
- Maintain a steady rate of weight gain which should be 1-2 kg in the first trimester; about 2 kg each month during second trimester and third trimester. On average, around 10-13 kg for healthy women is considered normal. Weight gain during pregnancy depends on the BMI you have when you conceive
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid constipation during pregnancy – one of the most common pregnancy discomforts. Fluids keep the body hydrated and supports the increase in blood volume which grows by almost 50% when pregnant
- Also drink lots of nourishing liquids, including water, at least eight to ten glasses each day to avoid urinary infection/irritation and dehydration. Have nourishing liquids such as lemon water, buttermilk Coconut water in pregnancy has been known to have many benefits with lesser calories
- Exercise regularly to increase your chances of smooth labour and delivery. Women who remain active during pregnancy and exercise regularly have higher chances of smooth labour and a natural birth
- Pregnancy changes the way the stomach acids function. To avoid indigestion (heartburn), eat 5 -6 small meals a day instead of 2-3 large ones. Breaking meals into smaller portions keeps you from feeling full and uncomfortable in one go. Antacids may be helpful – ask your doctor for a suggestion
- Iron is an important element in haemoglobin production which is required to be optimum during pregnancy. Increase the intake of citrus fruits and juices, because it contains Vitamin C which helps in the absorption of iron. Citrus fruits may also help keep morning sickness at a baby
- Working in pregnancy can be an easy task if you plan your meals well in advance. As far as possible carry home-cooked food and a few snacking items from home. Drink plenty of water and try to take a small walk during the day
These are some of the things that will keep you full as well as healthy during those difficult craving times and meal times.
- क्या आप गर्भवती हैं? प्रेग्नेंसी से जुड़ी आवश्यक जानकारी।
- क्या है फीमेल एग डोनेशन? (Female Egg Donation in Hindi)
- जानें! कैसे कराएं घुटनों का ऑपरेशन? (Knee Replacement-in Hindi)
- जल्दी घटाना है वजन! तो कराएं, बेरियाट्रिक सर्जरी (Bariatric Surgery-Hindi)
- स्ट्रेस लेना किन बीमारियों की वजह है? (Diseases caused by stress-in Hindi)