In the time of pregnancy, after your pregnancy symptoms start to show, your body starts demanding nutrition that you would provide energy to the growing foetus and you during this time. So eating healthy food becomes a must during a time like this.
Here are some basic pointers that will help you get a proper diet in your pregnancy.
What Food Are The Must in Pregnancy Diet?
Pregnancy diets should be ideally balanced diets with a lot of proteins, healthy amounts of fats and carbohydrates.
- A healthy meal for pregnant women should be nutrient centric and contain more calories, iron, calcium, and foliate. However, if you start your pregnancy with a healthy weight, you may not need any additional calories. Post the first trimester, 340 extra calories a day in the second trimester, and about 450 extra calories a day in the third trimester are recommended
- Maintain a steady rate of weight gain which should be 1-2 kg in the first trimester; about 2 kg each month during second trimester and third trimester. On average, around 10-13 kg for healthy women is considered normal. Weight gain during pregnancy depends on the BMI you have when you conceive
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid constipation during pregnancy – one of the most common pregnancy discomforts. Fluids keep the body hydrated and supports the increase in blood volume which grows by almost 50% when pregnant
- Also drink lots of nourishing liquids, including water, at least eight to ten glasses each day to avoid urinary infection/irritation and dehydration. Have nourishing liquids such as lemon water, buttermilk Coconut water in pregnancy has been known to have many benefits with lesser calories
- Exercise regularly to increase your chances of smooth labour and delivery. Women who remain active during pregnancy and exercise regularly have higher chances of smooth labour and a natural birth
- Pregnancy changes the way the stomach acids function. To avoid indigestion (heartburn), eat 5 -6 small meals a day instead of 2-3 large ones. Breaking meals into smaller portions keeps you from feeling full and uncomfortable in one go. Antacids may be helpful – ask your doctor for a suggestion
- Iron is an important element in haemoglobin production which is required to be optimum during pregnancy. Increase the intake of citrus fruits and juices, because it contains Vitamin C which helps in the absorption of iron. Citrus fruits may also help keep morning sickness at a baby
- Working in pregnancy can be an easy task if you plan your meals well in advance. As far as possible carry home-cooked food and a few snacking items from home. Drink plenty of water and try to take a small walk during the day
These are some of the things that will keep you full as well as healthy during those difficult craving times and meal times.
Que1. What should you not do in your first trimester?
Ans- Avoid smoking don’t drink, don’t eat raw meat, seafood and try to keep away street food.
Que2. When should you stop working when pregnant?
Ans- A pregnant lady can very well do work until 32 to 34 weeks after this duration work should be stopped or carried put in minimal ration as per the body can manage.
Que3. Which month is most important in pregnancy?
Ans- The first trimester is most crucial in the pregnancy period
Que4. How many hours should a pregnant woman work?
Ans- A pregnant lady should not work beyond 40 hours per week
Que5. What foods should I eat during my trimester?
Ans- Try to include as much as healthy ingredients to your diet like dairy products, lot of fruits, leafy vegetables, whole grains and adequate amount of protein
Que6. What fruits should be avoided during pregnancy?
Ans- Fruits like watermelon, grapes, peach, and papaya should be avoided.
Que7. What are the signs of abnormal pregnancy?
Ans- False periods, overheating, dizziness, constipation, cold and flu, heartburn, strange discharge, urge to pee, cramping, and headaches are some of the signs of abnormal pregnancy
Que8. What makes a pregnancy high risk?
Ans- If someone of the age of 17 years gets pregnant then there is a high risk in pregnancy.
- गर्दन में दर्द :लक्षण,कारण,उपचार इत्यादि (Neck pain in Hindi)
- Depression: Symptoms, Causes, Risk-factors, Types, Treatment, and Prevention
- प्लाज्मा थेरेपी क्या है? पूर्ण जानकारी (Plasma therapy in hindi)
- Diabetes: Causes, Symptoms, Types, Treatment, Precautions and Food habits
- जोड़ों का दर्द से कैसे पाएं छुटकारा (Joint pain in hindi)